Monday, January 28, 2008

Re: The Mousetrap

After well over a week's struggle, using the DIY mousetrap I made, I finally gave in to using a professionally made one. The result is stunning. In less than a day's time, Oscar has finally been captured!!! I have included pictures of him below. Now, all I need to do is to find a place far enough to release him that will allow him to survive. My first idea was the park. However, outside will be too cold for his scrawny, little butt. My friend, who I borrowed the trap from, said that he released his mouse into the school around our area. It will be good for the mouse with all the kids leaving food for it. But then again, I don't want to start an disease outbreak with little kids in the school. Anyone got suggestions or ideas?

*So I have finally set Oscar free at the forest near the Faculty of Forestry at my university. There are buildings surrounding the forest and heat vent coming out of the side of the buildings. So if it's too cold out, he will figure out a way to survive by sneaking into the building. I made sure he was well-fed before he goes on this trip. I hope he survives.

No comments: