Friday, May 18, 2007

Soulful Joss Stone

I started liking Joss Stone recently because she has very soulful, beautiful voice. Since my last post was about a British pop-star, it hit me that I haven't even made a post about Joss Stone yet. With the new British invasion of pop/r&b/soul/blues singers (Corinne Bailey Rae, James Morrison, Lily Allen, Mika, Amy Winehouse, etc), it's really hard to pick a favourite one. But I think that Joss Stone can easily be my favourite because of her voice, her style and her vibe. She is also very attractive to look at because she has the cute, shy girl looks with a sexy edge to it. Also, she is only 20!

She has received a lot of criticism and controversy back in UK regarding her focus on promoting her latest album "Introducing Joss Stone" in the States and her erratic behaviours. Even though I think that the Brits are overreacting to Joss going American, I'm a bit concern about the erratic behaviours part. I mean, she is very talented, but she is also very young. I hope she doesn't go haywire and throw it all away. I look forward to more and more of her music.

The latest single is the wonderful "Tell Me What We're Gonna Do Now" featuring one of the greats, Common. The video is below. In the video, it seems like a first person experience of a guy going out on a date with Joss. It makes me feel like I'm the lucky guy when I watch the video. (side note: The hand that you see in the video is clearly of a black guy. So in this fantasy date with Joss, I will also have to be black.) The video is very genuine and fits the song very well. Joss also looks wonderful in it, especially when she smiles. 8D

Second Single: Tell Me What We're Gonna Do Now (ft. Common)



First Single: Tell Me About It




Joss Stone - Introduction Joss Stone.rar
1. Change (Vinnie Jones Intro)
2. Girl They Won't Believe It
3. Headturner
4. Tell Me 'Bout It
5. Tell Me What We're Gonna Do Now (featuring Common)
6. Put Your Hands on Me
7. Music (featuring Lauryn Hill)
8. Arms of My Baby
9. Bad Habit
10. Proper Nice
11. Bruised But Not Broken
12. Baby Baby Baby
13. What Were We Thinking
14. Music (Outro)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

please post again!