Monday, June 4, 2007

Joss Stone is Love

Joss Stone's concert on Saturday was sooooo gooooooooood. She is so funny on stage and I enjoyed her whole performance. Even though, I had to wait for three hrs from the start of the concert for her to perform for an hour and twenty minutes. It was well worth it. I'm even considering skipping work early tomorrow and drive all the way to Montreal to catch her other performance there...but that would be a bit too crazy.

She performed a lot of the song from her new album and selected few from her previous one, which includes "Right To Be Wrong" and one of my favourite "Jet Lag". She came out stunning me right from the start with her straighten hair and a very beautiful blue top that contrasted her red hair perfectly. I wish I was able to take better photos and videos of her performance, but KoolHaus security did not allow for cameras *shakes fist in air*. I have included the very few photos that I was able to catch during the encore performance at the bottom of this entry.

There were a couple of my favourite moments during the concert. These were especially good because she has a great stage presence and she is funny. Obviously, the moment she came out was stunning as I've already mentioned. Since the crowd was not a sold-out and was a bit antsy from the three hours wait, Joss questioned, "Hello, how are you feeling? Really, that's it?". Then, she performed "Super Duper Love" to start the crowd going. Sensing that the crowd still wasn't in it, Joss jokingly said, "Really? There's only one of me and I'm making a fuck of a lot of noise." To which, the crowd and myself greatly reacted to. Moreover, her next song she performed was probably my favourite song of the moment "Tell Me What We're Gonna Do". This started to really get the crowd going. Another favourite moment of mine was when Joss was preparing to perform "Bad Habit". She was braiding her hair while telling the story of the song, which is about her breakup with her ex. She even joked around about cutting her hair at that moment, in an effort to get rid of her "bad habit". This created a breath-holding moment for me, as that would've blown me away if she did it. Other favourite moments were the minor details in how she performes barefeet and enjoys sipping on tea during her performance.

Overall, her 10-piece band did an amazing job supporting her strong vocals while backing her at times when she needed a little help. The keyboard player definitely did an amazing job, especially on the beginning of "Jet Lag". Also, her producer/bass guitarist Raphael Saadiq is, without a dobut, a great supporting cast to Joss. I really think that he did the world a huge favour by bringing out this musical side of Joss for the world to enjoy.

Man, I really wish I could go catch her performance again tomorrow, but I guess I'll have to wait the next time she is on tour again and comes back to Toronto. I will definitely catch her live again.

*Updated: I added her second album, "Mind, Body & Soul" after the pictures below.










Joss Stone - Mind, Body & Soul
1. Right to Be Wrong
2. You Had Me
3. Spoiled
4. Don't Cha Wanna Ride
5. Less Is More
6. Security
7. Young at Heart
8. Snakes and Ladders
9. Understand
10. Don't Know How
11. Torn and Tattered
12. Killing Time
13. Sleep Like a Child
14. Holding Out For a Hero (Bonus)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.