Monday, August 27, 2007

DAMNIT!!!!! I MISSED IT!!!!!!

OMG, I JUST found out about a contest to "See JOSS STONE in Las Vegas" that ended exactly 3 fricken hrs ago. When I first logged on to the page, I was excited that I may get a chance to go to see her in Vegas. However, when I click on sign up, a giant effing page SMACK ME IN THE FACE saying:

This contest closed on August 26th, 2007 at 11:59 p.m. (ET)


Fucking hell! I'm very upset. I mean, I might not win the contest, but at least I would've had a shot. Now, I won't get a chance. RAWR! I'm going to go to bed angry. Humph!

*Update: (3:39AM) Who am I kidding? There was no way I could go to sleep when I'm this upset. So, I decided to do something about it. Something desperate. I look up the Questions/Comments? section of the contest page and I decided to write to them. Here is the blurb I wrote:

Hi, my name is Alfred and I'm a huge, HUGE fan of Joss Stone. I JUST found out about the contest now, three and a half hour after the deadline. I'm extremely upset that I missed it by such a short time. I was wondering if there is any way that I can get an entry in for the 9:30am draw. I know that there are contests rules about the deadline and I'm writing this in desperate attempt to get a shot to enter the draw. If this is not possible, it's okay. At least, I gave it a shot by writing this. The answer to the contest question is "Introducing Joss Stone". Thanks very much!

At least now, I can say I gave it a shot for the contest. If I don't get in, I can pretend like I entered the contest and didn't win! Now, I can go to sleep and hope for the best. Maybe I'll put on some JS to put me to sleep...

*Update: (5:00PM) So, they emailed me and said that there is nothing they can do. O well, at least I tried. :(

No comments: