Sunday, September 9, 2007

Tragic Britney Spears VMA Performance

I cannot think of another word to describe her much-hyped performance for the MTV VMA other than...TRAGIC. Let's see, what are some definitions of the word tragic.

Tragic (adj.)
1. extremely mournful, melancholy, or pathetic
2. dreadful, calamitous, disastrous, or fatal
3. extremely distressing, sad or pitiful

Yea, I think that pretty much cover what the performance was like. She lip-sync the song and was very distant in her whole performance. Moreover, she did not add any kick to the performance that warrant her getting opening act rights. I think Kanye should've started off the show because it is obvious that he can hype up a crowd. However, his performance with T-Pain for my FAVOURITE song of his album (which is currently my ringtone), "Good Life", was banging. Rocking it out on a balcony suite overlooking Vegas is pretty cool.


Actually, Kanye bashed Britney about her getting to open for the show before it all happened in front of our eyes. "I can't believe she would perform," he told the Associated Press. "She hasn't had a hit record in years. Maybe my money's not right. Maybe my skin's not right." Oh Kanye, always causing a stir in the media. That's why you are so badass.

Here are some more of my commentaries about the rest of the night:

  • I'm sadden by the fact that even though Alicia Keys did a beautiful performance, you can hear from her voice that she is not as strong vocally as she used to be. I hope she will be okay and I will still go out to see her performance when she comes to TO.
  • Megan Fox sighting is always a plus. Too much make-up though.
  • I am normally not a Jennifer Garner fan, as most of my friends know, but damn, she was looking good presenting awards with Jamie Foxx tonight. The white dress she wore compliments her well. Also, when Jamie started beep boxing to get her to shake her thing and she gave it a shot, while with a confusing look on her face said, "What's happening?" AWKWARD. That was hilarious.
  • LP has a rocking performance with "Bleed It Out", but what was with Chester's tight army jeans.
  • Chris Brown can dance. Justin Timberlake set himself up nicely after that though. JT complimented on how he feels he is getting old after watching CB's performance, but then when it was his turn to perform, he held it down with his own dance moves.
  • JT and Rihanna are the major winners, no surprise there.
Worst and Best Performances Videos From VMA:

Worst - Britney Spears Opening Act - Gimmie More (from ashfan.net)


Best- Kanye West ft. T-Pain - Good Life

No comments: