Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Prince of Persia Trilogy Movie

NICE! Rumour has it that they are making, by far, one of my favourite action video game of all time, Prince of Persia, into a blockbuster movie. It's set to star Orlando Bloom to be the Prince. I'm okay with this decision, only because I can't come up with a better one. The closest I can think of Orlando Bloom to the role was for Kingdom of Heaven. I'm excited to how the movie comes out, especially the second and third one's CGI. Imagine the Dahaka (see below) or the Dark Prince (see below) with the daggertail whip. This is definitely bringing the gaming fanboy in me.


Orlando Bloom as The Prince in The Sands of Time


The Prince in Warrior Within


The Prince/Dark Prince in The Two Thrones


The Dahaka - this thing scares the crap out of me

-------------------------------------------

So, I guess they haven't casted some of the other roles, but here are some suggestions:

Farah, the princess to the prince of the whole trilogy. She is supposed to be of Indian origin, but I personally think that Danay Garcia of Prison Break would be a good fit.


Kaileena, The Empress of Time herself, should just go straight to Monica Bellucci. She did the voice acting for the character and they basically model the character's physique on her.


Vizier, a.k.a. the creepy advisor that all kings seem to have on their side, is the main antagonist of the story. This ones goes straight to Andy Serkis, who played Gollum and King Kong.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awwwsoooooooooooooooooooooooooooom!
I love the prince of persia & would love to see this movie happen.