Saturday, August 23, 2008

Cao Fang - In Summer

My friend pointed out my favourite Olympic commercial from GE that shows a cute love story in "rural China". The commercial is called GE Commercial Healthcare Re-imagined (China). It features a minute short melody by Chinese indie singer Cao Fang (曹方) called "In Summer" (在夏天). I have included the mp3 of the song below the video. Also, for those that are wondering, this song is only 1:09 long and that is the full version on the 2005 album "Meet Me" (遇见我).


Cao Fang - In Summer [mp3]

*Side Note: Though as adorable as this commercial is, I just find that the actor in the ad to be a bit unconvincing as a "rural Chinese local". I have been to rural China before and I can say, for certain, that people do not look/dress like him. Then again, it's a North American ad and people probably won't be able to tell the difference, so I'll let it pass. Also, what is with the goat at the end? Does "rural" equal "goat in a hospital"?

No comments: